Wednesday, May 10, 2006

thought for today...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest
fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves,
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small
doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other
people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson-
Just something to think about today- a quote I had when I was in highschool and have rediscovered on someone's blog (I can't remember which one!). It is so simple yet so brilliant. I'm not very religious, but I think her words hit the mark big time. I have often played myself small to be safe, to not rock the boat, to keep a boyfriend or friend happy- but I have chosen to no more. It's time to shine.
side note- I wanted to thank Jennifer for helping me figure out how to do blog buttons! Thank you!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Watch the movie Coach Carter. One of the young men recites this to Carter. V. powerful.

If you're a sports movie fan too you'll love it :o)

Gee imagine me reccomending something to do with basketball, haha.

Love
K

Jennifer S. said...

Hey thanks - glad to help. I love these inspiring words. A good reminder for me.

jojo said...

great quote. a good time for me to read this. ive been feeling like a deflated balloon as of late. time to perk up =)