Thursday, May 18, 2006

Poetry Thursday

I have chosen a poem by Roald Dahl this week- he is one of my favorite children's writers and I wanted to put something playful into the Poetry Thursday mix this week!! I didn't get a chance to go on a field trip yet, but hoping to get a chance over the long weekend we have coming up. I love getting lost in the bookstore, but I've never spent any time in the poetry section before- could be very interesting!

Find my poem of the week, by Roald Dahl, here. (This site is a great source for poetry and lyrics as well)
Find more poems and inspirations here.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

fabulous!

Jennifer S. said...

Great poem! We have been tv free at my house for 9 years. I love it!

meghan said...

Hi there -

great poem - I loved it! Can you believe that they have just started a tv network for kids as young as two?!?! And they have proven that it's bad for kids under three. What is this world coming to??? I also have just read your last post and I can say I can relate! I am looking down the barrel of my first 'permanent contract' job in my life. It's freaking me out to think about this. Staying put, paying the bills, not packing everything into my two bags and getting on with the next thing. Does this mean we are grown up? yikes.