Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Some fun stuff!

Me and the sheep in NZ
I love making lists, so here's some of the things I'm loving this week:
- the idea of pre-fabricated, good for the earth houses on this site
- this great writing site from the Motherland
- these two great sites from my favorite chef, Jamie Oliver
- spending way too much of my time at work browsing the Kraft food site (did I say how much I love food and cooking?)
- this fabulous paper store at Granville Island
- and this other fabulous paper place (online or near you maybe?)
- and this place that I finally got to go to last weekend! (great tshirts and letter sets!)
- a great cause I would like to find a way to get more involved in
- looking forward to this and this here over the summer
- my love of Shakespeare and hoping to get here one day soon!
- missing this tv show, wishing it was over here somewhere!
- the summer competitive tennis season kicking off
- learning a bit more about my own country for a change
I know, I know- I have way too much time on my hands, but 8 hours a day at work needs to be filled somehow!
Went to my first bridal event last night- quite surreal really. I was with four other women getting married in the next year- our goal was more the free stuff over wedding ideas. Unfortunately, we came out with little of either. It only re-enforced for me (once again) that a traditional wedding is not the way I want to go, nor does R. We're thinking a vineyard or a beach, just the two of us, and a two big parties afterwards with our families- one here and one in England. It won't be till next year at the earliest anyways. No rush, we're quite content just as we are- we already feel married anyways!
I came home to find him doing dishes and two bunches of flowers for me on the table -what a sweetie! We cuddled up on the couch, watched the end of Forrest Gump and the amazing sunset coming through our windows, while eating fresh strawberries and grapes, and my day just slipped away. Bliss is the word that comes to mind. Sigh...just what I needed as per usual.

5 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Maggie May said...

Your wedding sounds like a beautiful idea. I went to Shakespeare's Globe this summer and saw "The Tempest"...it was one of the best experiences of my life. We opted for the "cheap" tickets where you stand, just as "commoners" would have stood for a penny to watch performances in the old days. It was pure magic. xoxo

liz elayne lamoreux said...

can't wait to explore these links but i just wanted to sneak in a note that says i love the image of bliss here...beautiful.
and you will figure out exactly what you want for your wedding...listen to your hearts - that is always the best way to go.

paris parfait said...

Am looking forward to checking out those links later; meanwhile, let me just say that the image of "bliss" you present is wonderful. As for your wedding, obviously you'll do what feels right for you both - never mind all those wedding planners, etc. The important thing is that it's your special day and should mirror you and your lucky fiance! :)

meghan said...

hi there -

great list! I was lucky enough to have a teacher training day at the Globe Theatre. We even got to go back stage & then play on the stage. It was amazing! Go someday, it's very cool!!

We're having the same sort of questions about getting married - it's hard when there's two countries involved!!!