Friday, May 26, 2006

Grateful Friday!

Monkey Crossing (from Kuala Lumpur)
Felt like putting some whimsy up here, need it today. Having one of my "wishing I was somewhere else other than this office" days, so glad it's friday already. Getting out of here and into a job I enjoy is up to me and today, that feels like the worst and hardest part.
This week, I am grateful for:
  • having a couple good hours at work this week
  • playing tennis with R- love that game! (Love the man even more!)
  • finding some Lemon Myrtle tea
  • sorting out R's tools, he will get them next week finally! (long convoluted story I won't bore you with, but he's been waiting for almost two months, as they sat at the airport!!!)
  • making cards to send to friends all over the world
  • my big brother's birthday is this weekend and I got his present in the mail on time! (I hope!) Happy Birthday, J!
  • peaches showing up at the market
  • getting to go to the movies this weekend- hoping to see DaVinci Code- and dinner out after
  • no more dramatic season finales, too much for my emotions (although I will miss some of my shows over the summer)
  • reading through the seasons of "Mad About You" online and remembering how much I loved that show! (anyone else remember it?)
  • Eat Vancouver being on this weekend- might make it there too!
  • my first Cupcake (going to get them to make our wedding cake when we need one!)
  • walking to work every morning again this week, even though it was supposed to be too wet
  • Taylor winning American Idol! Soul Patrol!
  • my new favorite song - here's a clip
  • only two weeks till the World Cup starts!! so excited!
  • going to the library today
  • only two more hours till I'm off for the weekend!!!

Sigh...I feel better already. My life is so much more than a job that makes me unhappy, I'm going to remember that!


4 comments:

gkgirl said...

ahhhhh...
mad about you...
i still love that show...
we get repeats on nick i think...

great list!
:)

Maggie May said...

What a happy, happy list! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I needed that. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

Becca said...

Loved your list - and could copy several things from it onto my own! Made me want to watch Mad About You -will have to see if Netflix has them on DVD.

BTW - Soul Patrol, all the way!

Laini Taylor said...

I just can't get over that cupcake site. I think Vancouver is about a 6-hour-drive. I'll meet you at Cupcakes in the morning!