Friday, May 12, 2006

Grateful Friday!

Lighthouse Park, West Vancouver

I love doing Grateful fridays! I find myself thinking all week about what I can put on my list. And I'm happy so many other bloggers are joining in.

Today I'm grateful for:
  • the beautiful sunshine and predicted good weather for the next week! could even get up to 28 degrees (celsius that is, for all you Americans!)
  • getting caught in a freak downpour yesterday and feeling like a little kid again, running through puddles, getting soaked
  • my wonderful R and how hard he works at his job, how cute he is when he's tired
  • hopefully going to hit some golf balls tomorrow
  • getting up early every morning this week and going for a lovely long walk
  • being awake before the buzz of the city kicks in
  • having some great nights' sleep
  • my little sis getting home and back safely from her graduation
  • my parents getting to spend time with her
  • my niece being healthy, after an abnormal blood test scared all of us
  • my capri pants making an appearance again!
  • our first bbq on the beach on our own little portable bbq; can we say addicted??
  • having stuff to do at work this morning- first time this month!
  • apples and peanut butter- yes, together
  • Kathleen being done school for the summer and blogging more (check her blog out!)
  • all the little lists I've made of books I want to read- so so many!
  • a busy social weekend coming up
  • getting to see my friend Ben from Australia, who I met when we were both living in England 6 years ago! (wow, where does the time go!!?)
  • getting some colour on my face again- love a tan!
  • pink painted toe nails
  • getting to have lunch with my friend Shannon, a picnic in the park
  • it being friday!! already?

I don't know if you've noticed, but I am so a sunshine, summer weather kind of girl. My ideal life would be living in the northern hemisphere for our summer and then going to the southern for theirs, every year- no winter! I've done it a couple times now and it was heaven! Oh well, I can dream right?!

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

jojo said...

lucky you beach barbques. i love capris AND peanut butter and apples!!! have a great wknd!

Maggie May said...

I wore my capris today too, and I have loved p.b. and apples since I was tiny. Another thing we have in common :) And man do I love your picture. I have a stopover in Vancouver on my way back home from England (in just 3 weeks!), and I'm sure after all your pictures, I will spend my time fantasizing about all the beautiful landscapes. Hope your weekend is peachy. xoxo

meghan said...

Hi! I laughed about apples and peanut butter! I hooked friends in the UK on that one too - but ONLY North American peanut butter - which meant a trip to London to buy Skippy at £5 a jar - ha ha ha! Hope that you have a wonderful weekend too!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

so glad you have also had sun sun sun up there. just brings a lightness to life.
you sound very happy my dear!