Friday, June 30, 2006

Grateful Friday!!

Rainbow near Queenstown, NZ 2005

Wow, Friday already!! And it's a long weekend for us as well, Canada Day tomorrow so we get Monday off. I love long weekends, such a treat! I'm feeling immensely better today, after purging my mood on here yesterday. I went to my first yoga class in Vancouver last night and it was absolutely divine. I have always loved doing yoga, even went to class for a year awhile back, but with traveling and whatnot, it's been too long since I've gotten back into it. Honestly, I was afraid of going here, for no good reason. Vancouver is known as Lotus Land, the home of yoga in Canada, and I was feeling intimidated. Luckily, my friend Becky said she wanted to try it, so I got brave and we went to our first class last night. The studio itself was a gift- right by the water, with the windows wide open and you could hear the sea and even smell it. With our breathing, it sounded like the waves were also inside as well as out. I was instantly calm, even before I started the class. Yoga is what my body is meant to be doing. It felt like I was having a conversation with an old friend, or reliving a wonderful dream I'd had. There was no good reason for me not to go before this, I was worrying for nothing, as per usual, but things happen for a reason. Right now was when I was meant to go, and I did, and it's going to make such a difference. I can't wait to go to my next class, maybe tomorrow while R is watching the football with his English friends. Maybe I'll become a teacher one day, who knows. My body is grateful today and I'm so looking forward to seeing where this journey takes me!

Today I am also grateful for:
  • the long weekend! Oh Canada...
  • it being friday and the accountant being here to make me laugh and give me my wages
  • the incredible weather we've been having and that it's only going to continue!
  • getting a tan
  • my new white fabulous pants from the Gap- on sale, cheap cheap
  • feeling a bit sore from yoga last night, knowing my body did something good
  • raspberry muffins and ice tea
  • peaches and strawberries (local ones!)
  • my sis and her hubby getting to go to Paris ( so jealous!!)
  • Wimbledon!! (I am going to go watch someday, I am)
  • when my R gets home and into bed at night after work, I sleep so much better
  • hot baths and bubbles
  • my little sis deciding to travel instead of going back to school!! (so supporting this idea!!)
  • England playing tomorrow- Come on!
  • living so close to the beach and the water
  • it almost being lunchtime!
  • R not having to go to work till 9pm tonight
  • having this time to myself, to learn how to be comfortable on my own again
  • feeling better today
  • getting to sleep in
  • summertime
  • getting lost in this book- I am loving historical fiction lately

Don't think I'll be back on here till Tuesday, but we are planning to buy a computer this weekend, so we'll see! Other than plane tickets, this will be our biggest purchase ever as a couple, wow. I'll let you know what happens! Have a great weekend everyone! As Will Smith sang "Summer, summer, summertime, time to sit back and unwind".

4 comments:

Frankie said...

GREAT list my dear! It made me grateful and happy just reading it. Have a wonderful weekend!!!! xoxo

Rachel said...

I love your Friday lists, have a great weekend, look forward to hearing what you got up to

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh i love all of this...so glad you have found such a delightful place to practice yoga...i am jealous as it sounds like an amazing space. and bravo to you for going!!

i love these lists for many reasons, but selfishly because you remind me to me grateful as well. thank you.

Madeleine said...

M this sounds like you're going to have a great time this weekend.
And you sound so much happier and more settled in yourdelf. It's good to hear, sweetie.
Sorry I didn't comment before but been a bit out of touch recently.
lovely 'grateful'list as always
:) x