Friday, June 23, 2006

Grateful Sunny Friday!!

NZ Rose Garden, Wellington
I love Fridays- doing my grateful list only helps in making it my favorite day of the week!

This week I'm grateful for:

  • this beautiful weather
  • that it's officially summer!
  • the hot temperatures expected this weekend
  • living so bloody close to the beach!!
  • the bbq we're going to have on the beach tomorrow
  • cold Corona and lime
  • my R and how cute he can be when he's tired
  • having birthday cake and wine at work today for one of our architects
  • the peach oat muffin I discovered this morning
  • our night at Shakespeare and getting free coffee for a few days
  • the beautiful roses growing outside of our building
  • iced tea
  • ice cream and gelato and all the flavours!
  • my sister's hand getting better as fast as she'd hoped
  • my dad finishing another year of school (his 37th!!) and everything going smoothly for the graduation he organizes once again
  • my mom's ankle getting better- poor thing stepped wrong and sprained it!
  • England making it through to the round of 16 at the World Cup
  • finding a way to start turning my brain back on at work and not just feeling sorry for myself
  • my big walk with Becky
  • the jazz festival starting this weekend
  • my new favorite cds - Snow Patrol and Keane
  • no more Hockey till the fall!!
  • discovering a wonderful independent coffee shop down the street from my office (see my post from yesterday for further explanation
  • R getting to start work at his company's new workshop- finally going to be working for the company who hired him (long story,but their workshop burnt down, have been outfitting a new one, farmed all their staff out elsewhere, blah blah blah)

What are you grateful for this week?

Looking forward to a weekend full of football (aka soccer) and the beach and spending some time with our friends and with just each other. Isn't that all one really needs??!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Jennifer S. said...

your lists are always so wonderful, in-depth and obviously heartfelt. I always enjoy reading them. I am thankful for snuggly children, bonfires and s'mores tonight.

Madeleine said...

I love the Keane and Snow Patrol cd's too, they're great aren't they. Very British probably.
I too, am grateful for living by the beach and for the fantastic weather.
I'm grateful for having a gorgeous family dinner with my mum and sisters in my garden tonight and my little monkeys being so funny and making me laugh til I nearly wet myself!
Lovely post M, as always.
Have a fantastic weekend. Enjoy the footie and have a beer on me! x

Rachel said...

OOooh haven't heard the new keane album yet, was mesmerised by the first and played it to death. First saw them at Glastonbury and fell in love. Let me know.

I'm grateful for being alive and having a small group of fantastic people around me, Mads, Boyf, the honeys.

I'm grateful for being given the chance to be in love again, thought I had used all my 'in love' tokens up.

I love your list. Tomorrow evening I have 2 hours free and I am reading the whole of your blog.

Rachel said...

Did it, and love it, especially how you met R. The part about his friend writing the best man speech in the back of the car was great. Destiny does exist! Fantastic