Friday, June 09, 2006

Poetry Thursday/ Grateful Friday!

art in the park at Rotorua, NZ

This week I've chosen a poem by Robert Frost, you can find it here. I am going to do the prompt from Poetry Thursdays, I just haven't been around other people too much this week- other than work and architectural poetry has yet to take off. And all R and I have been talking about is the World Cup! The beautiful game, sigh. (I've been watching it all morning on tv at work, so so so excited!!)

I'm so happy Blogger is healthy again. I had a horrible thought that if it crashed completely, how would we all find each other again? If I didn't have your blogs to go to, I'd be lost, I'm sure. I'm so grateful for this medium and for all of you!!

And more things I'm grateful for this week are:

  • that Friday feeling!!
  • football mania!! (aka soccer)
  • having a tv at work and a Czech boss who loves football, so we can watch it all
  • R getting to go watch the first England match with some other English guys, not just his Canadian fiance
  • talking for ages on the phone with my best friend last night
  • Shan's birthday this weekend!
  • the sunny weather we were having- please come back!
  • getting lost in this book
  • my little sister getting back home after a painful journey through several airports, flight delays and more with a broken hand (from rugby- crazy game!)
  • my other sis getting safely to Europe and hopefully having a good time
  • Maggie getting home safely
  • learning how to use Flickr and getting some of our travel photos on there
  • my dad having his track meet to get excited about
  • R's parents booking their tickets for September to come visit- it's really happening!
  • the finals for the French Open are this weekend!
  • loving the new Snow Patrol cd
  • mangos and avocado in my salads
  • fresh strawberries- love the juice running down my chin
  • eating better in general
  • our landlords
  • finding this new site- so much fun!
  • my new clothes and feeling funky!
  • summertime and all it means

Have a great weekend everyone- enjoy it whatever you end up doing!!

4 comments:

Frankie said...

What a wonderful, wonderful list!! I'm so glad to have been brought to your blog. I LOVE that your a traveller and I can't wait to read more of your thoughts!! Thanks for such happy thoughts!

Jennifer S. said...

mangoes, strawberries, avocado = HEAVEN!

boho girl said...

fun links!!!

oh what a dreadful thought to lose blogger and not be able to find our friends whose emails we do not yet have.

i have yours though! *grin* you cannot get rid of me. ;)

love,
boho

Maggie May said...

I'm finally starting to get back online and I LOVE that I am on your grateful list. Made my day! I can't wait to look at your travel photos. xoxo