Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Summer Soundtrack

English Bay-my neighbourhood (photo by Vancouver Park Board)


Not really sure what to write about today. I just feel like posting something, it's been a few days. My head is full of football (aka soccer) and trying to find something to keep me busy at work, as per usual, so I'm not feeling very inspired.
I can't help but think about summer being here, about going to the beach, about long days full of light, about long walks in the sunshine, about playing tennis and frisbee, about bbqs and late night dinners on the patio with friends, about how much I love this time of year. I still have dreams of living in two hemispheres so I can be in perpetual summer for the rest of my life!

Here are just some of my favorite summer treats, sounds, eats:

- Jack Johnson
- walking in the sand on the beach
- the sound of the ducks on a lake
- eating outside, laughing with friends for hours
- the smell of suntan lotion
- Breaks Co-op
- fresh fruit and veggies
- farmers markets
- waking up when it's light out
- ice cream and gelato!!
- reading in the grass
- picnics
- the flowers
- June bugs bouncing off the screen in the window
- going sea kayaking
- the sound of children playing
- strawberry shortcake
- bbqs!!!
- David Gray
- chill out music

I do love making me a list! Anyone have anything else to add? Things you cannot go without or look forward to in the summertime?

edit: I can't believe I forgot FlipFlops! Check out the comments for more wonderful summer treats!!

5 comments:

Jennifer S. said...

I like every single thing on your list - though I need to actually try sea kyaking before I can officially claim that one.

I'll add: camping, hiking, starry skies... and I love the 4th of July - my favorite holiday I think.

Kathleen said...

You forgot cannonballs and the feeling of chilly aloe on your sunburns (even if you do use SPF if always creeps up on you!. Not to mention chilly beers, shimmery patio lights, crickets chirping, and cheesy summer reads.

I'm personally looking forward to tucking the kids in at camp. The other counsellors say it's the best time of day-and we all do high/lows in each cabin!

Love
K

liz elayne lamoreux said...

pink lemonade and rainier cherries!
yes, that makes me happy!

meghan said...

flip flops and painted toenails! BbQ'd burgers, cob on the corn :) and potato salad, and soft breezes!!

Madeleine said...

The smell of summer rain, humous sandwhiches(mmm),
inscense or scented candles, red wine, living by the sea.

A few of mine. There are lots more, but I realised that they're all FOOD related!