Friday, June 02, 2006

Grateful Friday!!!

Queen Charlotte Track, NZ
I find myself thinking a lot about New Zealand this week, as we were on our way home this time last year. I can't believe it's been a year...where does the time go?! So much has happened since we got back, but I can still remember how green it smelled down there, how different the scenery was from one town to the next, the feeling of grapes on the vine in my hands, Lord of the Rings mania, our van JoJo that we lived in for a month while traveling around the amazing South Island(our favorite of the two!), and so so much more. I sometimes forget where I've been, especially when I'm buried in my own daily issues, but I am so lucky to have had the chance to see the world and to have done it with someone I love. I can't wait to see where we go next!!
This week I'm grateful for:
  • the sun trying to push it's way through the clouds- c'mon sun!
  • that it's friday and the weekend already
  • fresh fruit- like peaches and strawberries
  • fruit smoothies
  • the library and my book treats
  • the chance to go shopping for some new clothes this weekend!
  • being hormonal- when I want to have babies, it will come in handy, right?
  • my sisters- one is off to Europe for the first time (work is sending her, lucky thing!) and the other is off to Colorado for rugby camp tomorrow- so proud of them both!
  • for such positive posts from the bloggers I read - Andrea's great news, Maggie's reflections, Susannah's revelations, and all the other wonderful ideas swirling around my blogging neighbourhood- amazing women!
  • our trip to the antiques flea market tomorrow
  • R's tools finally showing up and for the flowers he gave me to say thank you for helping him get them- too sweet!
  • my mom having a good week away at her conference, coming back recharged for work
  • my dad surviving on his own while she was away- he misses her
  • Kathleen sending me goofy emails to entertain me at work
  • dinner with Fanny and fellow brides to be
  • my friend Anne's birthday this week!
  • veggie dip- too addictive!
  • my flip flops feeling like little pillows on my feet today
  • getting my hair cut finally
  • walking to work most days this week

Have a good weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Maggie May said...

Oh-so-good list. Lots to be grateful for. GORGEOUS picture. I've never been to NZ but it's on my list of places to see...Hope your weekend is peachy! xoxo

jojo said...

hi m ~ great photo! how i would love to make it to NZ one day. if I could only figure out how to travel for a living. Have you ever thought about doing a photoblog of your travels? I LOVE to see where people have been and watch their observations, photos, etc. or at least create some photo albums in flickr. anyway....

Cannot believe your van was named Jojo! that is TOO funny!!! Happy Happy weekend!

Jennifer S. said...

Always love your grateful Friday lists. How cool that you can walk to work. It would take me at least 6 hours to walk to work - it's probably Marathon distance... That photo is amazing. I would love to visit NZ someday.

Laini Taylor said...

I'd love to go to New Zealand some day! Would also love to see more of your pictures. You've had such great adventures.

boho girl said...

such yummy gratefulness!

xo,
boho

meghan said...

hope that you had a great weekend & are having lots of positives to add to your next list! Happy Monday! xo