Friday, June 16, 2006

Grateful Friday

Vancouver Island
image found on Flickr by peter macdonald

Victoria Harbour
image found on Flickr by federicochi

R and I are off to Vancouver Island today to visit with my sis and spend some time in Victoria as tourists. So excited! She's house sitting a $1.5 million pad, with a hot tub, by the ocean- sounds sweet! We're hoping to help her out a bit with her broken hand as well. I'm so ready for some time away from the city, and some pampering as well! R got today off and I get to leave work early (an even bigger bonus!), so we'll get to spend some time in Victoria as well. Going out for dinner and drinks and meeting some of her friends- sounds brilliant! We also get to go to a highschool production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream"- the same play we got free tickets to see next week at the Bard on the Beach here in Vancouver! Too funny!

This week I am grateful for:

  • not living in Nova Scotia where it's been raining a lot!
  • going away this weekend to see my sis
  • getting to leave work early
  • the weekend coming quickly
  • actually having some "work" to do at work
  • fresh fruit
  • Cheerios with strawberries
  • R getting today off, surprising me with breakfast
  • England winning yesterday
  • World cup fever! (yes, still!)
  • naan bread with hummus full of gralic
  • Thai take away
  • the sun peaking through the clouds
  • getting email from my cousin Jess
  • getting my dad's card there on time for Father's Day
  • my other sis enjoying her time in Europe (lucky lucky thing!)
  • decaf soy lattes- yummy!
  • finding new blogs to enjoy- Rachel and Madeleine especially!
  • having so many things on this list every week!

Have a great weekend everyone! Hopefully I'll have some photos of my own to share next week!!

4 comments:

Madeleine said...

World cup fever is escalating, believe me!
The drunks are walking past my window, back from the pub as I write this!! Not annoying at all!


weekends away are the best aren't they. Have a fab time, sounds like you're staying is a groovy pad, even better.

Liked the pictures. Will have to visit your part of the world, one day. :)

Rachel said...

Glad you visited the site and liked it. Looking forward to reading more of yours,the list is great and have a fantastic weekend with sis. Details and photos when you get back?

jojo said...

i love victoria. so beautiful. you lucky thing, hot tub and everything!

and i am a big shakespeare fan. any age, anywhere, any interpretation. so enjoy!

garlic naan, decaf soy lattes! ditto ditto!

keep up the lists... very inspiring. i need to implement these lists on my blog. sometimes i tend to focus too much on the negative. thanks for the inspiration!

cheers to a fab island weekend!

Frankie said...

That sounds absolutely AMAZING!!!! Have the most super fantastic time! Your list is wonderful. Thanks for sharing such simple pleasures! It made me so grateful for my own. xoxo