Thursday, August 24, 2006

Poetry Thursday


I stole this idea from Becca - I love it! It pulls out the words you use most in your blog. And you can have it made into a tshirt too - how cool is that!! I know this week's prompt was time, but I have just had too much of it on my hands today and don't want to think about it anymore. But this list of words is a poem in itself...maybe?

I found out that I didn't get the job today, finally. I had a really good chat with the woman I'd interviewed with and she said they had a really hard time deciding but gave it to someone who's be working there for 5 years. She had showed them the commitment, etc., but that it wasn't anything against me. She wants to keep my CV on file and call me when something else comes up, that things are changing all the time and they are growing, so who knows. I said I'd love to do some volunteering with them and there is actually an event in October. She was quite excited about that and said it will be good for everyone to get to know me better and me to understand the organization better. So, all in all, I feel quite positive about it. Don't get me wrong- I would've loved the job, but I got some practice in interviewing and now have a chance to volunteer there and meet new people and help out. Everything happens for a reason, doesn't it.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love searching through these for "hidden messages." You and I both had "life like little love" and "complete content." Of course "career change" loomed very largely, and "good, grateful, and happy" are one of those "word crescendo's" as I call it, a very positive sign! Kinda like reading tea leaves...

Glad you had fun with it.
Too bad about the job - there must be something even better coming your way, though :)

kelly rae said...

you have such a positive attitude. keep going. a good fit will surely find you.

jojo said...

good perspective. that is a good place to be -- in mind and getting to know the organization. cheers!