Saturday, August 26, 2006

Grateful Friday!

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run
than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
- Helen Keller-
I actually missed my first grateful friday - guess that's what happens when you have a life and aren't allowed on the computer at work! I couldn't go without it though, so here it is.

This week I am grateful for:

  • my R finishing his night shifts!!!
  • being able to go back to a "normal" life for now
  • having remembered that I don't mind spending time with myself
  • my yoga classes
  • walking to work for over three months now!
  • the excitement and promise of fall
  • the beautiful weather we are still having - how lucky have we been! no rain really since June started
  • getting through another week of work without too many tears
  • feeling positive about not getting the job and looking forward to the opportunities its going to open regardless
  • being brave and sending out my CV to a couple more places
  • knowing I will be on holiday in three weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • getting our holiday (almost) all sorted out and finding some nice places to stay
  • getting to talk to my little sis
  • my other little sis getting to her new home at uni in one piece
  • my brother and the kids starting another new school year relatively unscathed
  • the Brand New Heavies cd
  • our clean flat
  • a nice weekend to wander around our city with no purpose
  • clean clothes!
  • new canvases to paint - my turn now!
  • my friend Kathleen and her kind words
  • getting time to write - brainstorming children's stories I can write while I'm at work (must be a reason why I'm not allowed on the computer and don't have anything to do right?)
  • my love handles - can't seem to get rid of them so I might as well love em!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

One of my favorite quotes: "life is either a daring adventure, or it is nothing!"

Another "great" list. THe holidy sounds sumblime :)

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job honey. New and better opportunities will be yours. It's really frustrating though when you are desperate for a change and you hate your work.
A holiday sounds fantastic idea for you both. And the love handles, that's funny, i have just developed them over the last year, nothing i can do about it. Acceptance has to be the way forward.

jojo said...

your such a delight to read. so no computer at work. wow you turned that into something positive. and i LOVE the brand new heavies. very soulful music. oh you are inspiring me to purchase some blank canvases.