Friday, July 07, 2006

Grateful Friday!!

Rose Garden New Zealand
It's official, we have a computer of our own and we are online, right from the comfort of our lovely flat!! We bought the computer on the weekend, just took the plunge...after three months or more of shopping and deciding what we want, of course. The internet came on Wednesday, and now we can reach out to the world whenever we want! Crazy! I've never owned a computer before. It's interesting learning how it all gets put together, with software and virus protection and all that jazz. I'm just used to sitting in front of one and it working. The best part is that I was able to finally update my music on my iPod!!! How excited was I!! it had been a whole year, listening to the same 250 songs in every order possible. I was dancing all the way on my walk to work this morning. New Beth Orton, new Snow Patrol, new Madonna, I was in bliss. I can't wait to get home and put more music on. Maybe I'll take a picture of our new work space this weekend, post it from home- wow!
This week, I'm Grateful for:
  • it being friday already!! luv me a short work week!
  • having more creativity happening in my brain again
  • our new computer and all the possibilities it brings (and maybe headaches too!)
  • owning something so big
  • R having something to do during his days at home
  • the beautiful weather, so much delicious sunshine once again
  • the one cloudy day we did have, a bit of a break
  • a new month
  • summertime
  • my yoga class (had a different instructor this week, loved her too!)
  • my lovely pink iPod
  • spending time with our friends last weekend
  • R getting to go play golf finally
  • our plans to relax and recharge and be together this weekend
  • going to see Pirates of the Caribbean, hopefully!! (luv me some johnny depp too!)
  • my little sis getting to her new summer job at a fishing lodge up in the boonies of Northern BC
  • her being in charge of the cleaning for the whole summer- pay back for her lack of help at home when we were younger!
  • my other little sis getting home from Europe and getting to see Paris with her hubby
  • our best friends getting engaged
  • having a beer at work today (unfortunately, not till the end of the day)
  • learning how to make beaded jewelry on the weekend
  • ice cream and gelato and smoothies!
  • all the wonderful fresh fruit- raspberries and blueberries!
  • veggie markets
  • my cold sore is going away nicely - kisses soon!
  • hot baths in the candlelight to relax
  • watching cheesy girlie tv while R is at work

Ok I'll stop now, I get carried away sometimes! What are you grateful for this week?!

Have a great weekend! (do you know that the spell checker on this thing thinks "iPod" is meant to be "wiped"- very weird)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've got a pink iPod too, aren't they the best. Love your Friday list M, as always

Laini Taylor said...

Wow, you must be some kind of gypsy to just be getting your first computer! I hope you love the one you got -- and that it treats you well. I wonder how long it will take you to fall into the quick-check on the internet habit: whenever we can't remember something, an actor, a song, a capital of a country, whatever, we just skip over to the computer and voila! Magic! And, all your summer "gratefuls" are wonderful!

Madeleine said...

Cool new computer....You'll wish R was working nights forever, as you'll be fighting for possession!

It sounds like smiley M had a great weekend!

I was grateful for being able to have an afternoon kip Sunday afternoon, whilst my kiddies were at the cinema-very rare!!

meghan said...

YAY!!! You will NOT BELIEVE how wonderful it is to have your own computer. Mine runs a very close second to Mark as a love in my life!!! I can't wait to hear from you more and more!!

P.S. I am BACK!!! xo

Jennifer S. said...

safe journeys and helicopter rides!