Monday, July 17, 2006

Creative Space



This is a picture of my creative space in our flat, as inspired by Mad. I'm actually doing my first post at home on our lovely new computer! This space is so us- the world map, the golf clubs, my random mess all over the desk, and our IKEA desk (moving into our flat with only two backpacks means most of our stuff is IKEA, God love em!). I love the light we get in here and the keyboard is so much sweeter than mine at work. I hope to have many hours of creativity and giggles and connection at this desk and am so grateful that we are finally plugged in. I can always turn it off when I've had enough. (I hope!)

I'm enjoying my post yoga class calm/glow, eating fresh fruit salad, icing my foot (something going on with my heels, bad shoes or something), and listening to Donovan Frankenreiter's new CD. I'm missing R, but finally enjoying how I'm getting into this alone time. I'm finding Mondays tough of late, when he goes back to work, end of the blissful peace of our weekends, and back into that office that is more obviously doing my head in. But sitting here, I'm loving life and can't even remember why my day was bad in the first place. Gotta luv when that happens.

The sunset is from my window after I got home from class tonight. I get to walk along the seawall and watch the sun setting, and all the people taking it in. It's a great end to my yoga practice. And a great way to be in the moment, something I often forget. And can I just say how brilliant it is that we don't live where there is humidity and 35-40 degree weather?? I know England is suffering and so is Nova Scotia and Ontario- are you dealing with it too? The sea breezes seem to blow it all away. I'm quite content with 25 degrees, capris, and nice fresh air.

I think basically I'm quite content tonight and glad I got to post in such a good mood!

7 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

what a beautiful sunset, and a treat to see your cosy creative space - loving the new computer :-) i'm glad to hear you're getting into the groove with the alone time - alone time is M-time, that's the way to look at it. it's indulgent time (the best sort)

it's boiling here today - i have all the indows open and there's a little bit of a breeze, but not enough to get my mind working.... i'm not complaining though - i hate the winter!

love to you x

Jennifer S. said...

very pretty sunset view, so glad you are feeling content :)

Letha Sandison said...

What a wonderful easy breezy post!! I loved seeing your space, always fun to visualize someone in their space!!

It is sunny and clear here today with a cool breez, dosen't get any better! GAWD love the Pacific Northwest and it's moderate weather. Another thing to miss when we head out to Africa next July. It is going to be in the 80s with 100% humidity YEAR ROUND!! Equator dwelling. YIKES! I thnk I will have to cut my hair off :)


XOX

Madeleine said...

hey, you signed up to the challenge!!! it's great to have a glimpse of where people are when they're blogging!!
I'm so please to see it, M.
and it's so good to hear your upbeat mood. mine's been a little deflated today. i have an eye infection, which REALLY hurts and i'm feeling sorry for myself.

so what's next, i'll have to post the mug which i drink my tea in every morning, or something stupid......

love ya girly,
x

Madeleine said...

oh, forgot to say, that i changed my template today to white, as yours, sue's and rach's all look so much lighter than mine, so when you pop over don't think you've got the wrong site!!

(it's still freaking me out though, i'm trying to get used to it!)
x

Kim G. said...

I love days like the one you had. They don't have to be the same each time, but when it ends you just feel so good. Thanks for sharing the lovely sunset picture and the description of your day.

boho girl said...

so fun to see your space, honey!!!