Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fireworks!

found on Google

It was the first night of the Celebration of Light fireworks competition tonight - I'm still in awe as it just finished! There are 4 countries competing - Italy tonight, China, Czech Republic and Mexico, plus a grand finale on the fourth night as well. I'd forgotten how amazing fireworks are!! I felt like a little kid oohing and aahing my way through it! So many colours and I love the big boom sound the big ones make. I was able to watch it from our living room window- it's that close. Right in our neighborhood, at my beach, with 300,000 of our closest friends. I would probably be in bed by now, but they all have to get home - you can only imagine the racket!! I tried to take some pics to post on here, but how impossible is that really?!! Pointless too because then I miss the actual show. Saturday night, we're going to have a bbq down on the beach and watch them from there - make a night of it. Isn't this what summer is all about?!! Man there's a lot of people out there!!! I loved hearing them cheering when it was done- made me teary even, to think this is my home now.
I wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful comments about the pictures I posted yesterday - made me all warm and fuzzy inside. And I'll be less afraid to do it again next time. Check out Liz's post to see the challenge she is giving herself and join her if you'd like. I'm hoping to be brave enough to join her, but haven't committed yet.
On an even brighter note than the pic above, I got some good news today. I sent in my CV (aka resume) yesterday for a job I'd really like to have - I'm actually scared to write it down in case I don't get it or jinx it, but here it goes - an admin job in the project department at an art school for young people on Granville Island here in Vancouver. Whew. It sounds like everything I've been searching for and found myself asking for as soon as I saw the ad - art school, working for and with young people, for a foundation, making a difference to the lives of people in my community, working on Granville Island, and there's room for growth and other opportunities if I can get my foot in the door. They called me today to set up an interview for Monday!!! If you can't tell, I'm very excited!! I'm a bit nervous about leaving my current job, despite the fact that it's sucking the life out of me daily, but I'll deal with that (if and) when I have to. Like I said before, if it's meant to be, it will be. There will be another job if this isn't the one. I'm totally trusting the Universe on this one- I was ready to murder my boss or run screaming from work today, then Rich called with the message - thank you Universe, once again. I've never actually wanted a job before - this is the first one in my entire life. Dead serious. Bit scary really. Luckily, I've got my mom (the Career Counsellor) to help me prepare and my Richard to hug me and help me breath. (And celebrate with me as well maybe - knock on wood!)
So maybe these fireworks were for me too - to celebrate a chance taken and the possibility of a new life beginning with a bang!!

5 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

You go girl!!! (imagine me jumping up and down with pom poms, cheering you on :-)

like you say, if it's meant to be, it will happen. if not, it's getting the energy *moving* ready to take the next step - but honestly? i have a good feeling about this for you...

can i come to the bbq on Saturday and watch the fireworks with you???? how much fun would that be eh?

hugs to you x

Madeleine said...

OMG...how exciting.

i'm sending you so much luck for Monday, sweetie.
they'll love you.

I think life is definitely taking a big positive turn for you and there's no stopping you now.
Change is good. it makes us feel renewed.

i think this something i need to do, also

xx

Jennifer S. said...

that fireworks show and bbq sound like sooooo much fun!

and congrats on the interview, how totally exciting!

Frankie said...

YAY! I love, love, love fireworks! I think they're so good at reminding us we're still children at heart. I'm SO excited for you and these new job! I really hope it happens! Crossing my fingers and sending love xoxox

jojo said...

oh wow M this sounds so great... just really fantastic. well if this does not work out. it will certainly help get "your ducks" in a row. i think either way this is a new road for you. good luck good luck! i am sure it is a path that is leading you closer to your dreams.