Friday, April 28, 2006

Grateful Friday!

Happy Birthday to my two beautiful Nieces, Kayleigh and Lena!! The love the Incredibles, so this is for them!! They turn 5 today, it's too scary how fast time flies. I love hearing their little voices on the other end of the phone, and their giggles. I was so lucky to spend 6 weeks with them all last summer and am really missing them today. Still hard to believe my big brother, who used to torment me and was so annoying sometimes helped bring these two gems into the world! (I'd post a pic, but they aren't my kids, so not sure how their parents' would feel. So wish I could!! They are adorable!)

Today I am grateful for so many things:
  • the beautiful sunshine
  • my amazing nieces!
  • my whole family!
  • my friends in Vancouver- thanks for a great birthday party!!
  • Kathleen- love how she makes me laugh and believes in me (thanks K!) check out her blog
  • turning 30- it already feels great
  • going away after work for the weekend tonight with R (cannot wait!!)- two days out of the city, by the sea, with my man, how wonderful is that!?!
  • my tulips from Silvina, my friend at work, sitting on my desk
  • reading blogs that inspire me and make me laugh
  • my friend Kara sending me a beautiful sun catcher
  • my new shoes- so fun!
  • that my blisters are finally getting better and I am walking like a normal person again (you never realize how important your feet are until they hurt!)
  • my R and how thoughtful he is
  • my package of paper from Kim to help me start art journaling
  • reading this amazing book- I love her writing, read it if you haven't!
  • buying myself this book and having two strangers tell me how funny it is as I walked down the street carrying it- can't wait to start it!
  • all the exclamation points in this list!
  • the water delivery guys ending their strike, no more copper-tasting tap water
  • that the sun is coming up so early, making it easier for R to get up to go to work
  • all the wonderful blossoms around the city- on the trees and in piles on the ground, little mounds of pink beauty!
  • that we're having wine and birthday cake at work today - three other people had a birthday this week too!
  • that it's pay day
  • going down to the beach after work- finally able to take advantage of where we live!
  • having a great visit with my sister's husband on the weekend and being able to show off our city in the sunshine- he's totally hooked!
  • getting some great ideas from my sisterhood for what to do while I'm at work, help me get through the days better

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for all your help!

5 comments:

jojo said...

oh duh... what's wrong with me...


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! congrats on turning 30! i wish you sweet blossoms on your adventurous journey into your 31st year of life! Cheers!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

wonderful list...i can hear the happiness in the your writing voice...love that :)

boho girl said...

fabulous list.

i am beaming for you.

meghan said...

I loved your whole list! I also wanted to say I KNOW about Joanne Harris. Oh to write as well as she does.

meghan said...

P.S. I just commented on your last post - just wanted to let you know!!