Friday, April 21, 2006

Grateful Friday

"One can get just as much exultation in losing oneself in a little thing as in a big thing.
It is nice to think how one can be recklessly lost in a daisy."
- Anne Morrow Lindberg -
What I'm grateful for this week:
  • that it's friday!! so happy to see the back of this office for a few days
  • that they're calling for a warm and sunny weekend
  • that my 10km Sun Run (probably more of a walk/run) will be done on Sunday- woohoo!! (48,000 runners and counting!)
  • going to the art gallery last weekend and seeing this amazing artist and this one
  • buying a Tanabe print for our wall
  • my sister's new husband coming to spend the day with us this weekend on his layover to Taiwan (where he's doing research about the formation of mountains for his PhD. in geophysics- I think?)
  • getting to show off our city to someone who's never been here before
  • R's football (aka soccer) team from England, Tottenham, playing a big game tomorrow morning
  • only 5 more days in my twenties- how exciting!! bring it on!
  • my new love for yummy homemade salads for lunch - love putting in craisins and nuts and cheese and red onions!
  • going out to hit some golf balls with my R - hopefully!
  • it's Shakespeare's birthday on Sunday - he would've been 442 years old; love his writing
  • a sunny lunch break, reading my book and smelling the trees opening up
  • going to the library this afternoon
  • my parents' having such a busy social life!
  • being able to enjoy the beach down the hill from my house!
  • that Tom and Katie had their baby finally, maybe now we won't here so much about it (wishful thinking, right?)
  • that Ace is gone from Idol
  • crunchy baby carrots
  • my finger nails growing- I must be relaxed
  • next week being full of things to look forward to: my birthday on Wednesday, dinner out that night with friends, also being my aunt's birthday, my twin nieces turning 5 on Friday, and R and I going away together on the weekend- so much fun to come!!!!

Just found the best affirmation for me right now, adding it to my new daily ritual:

I am totally open and receptive to a wonderful new position, using my creative talents and abilities, working for and with people I love, in a wonderful location and earning good money. (from Louise L. Hay)

Have a good weekend everyone, hope it's full of laughter and sunshine and love!!

3 comments:

kelly rae said...

yes, i'm thankful ace is gone, too! and you will be happy to exit the 20s. this first year of being in the 30s has been nothing but amazing. i called them my Tulmultuous Twenties!

Laini Taylor said...

You and Shakespeare have almost the same birthday! That must be a good omen for a writer. I was pretty glad to get out of the 20s -- if I could choose an age to stay forever, it would probably be 30, but with my 24-year-old butt. Also love the crunchy salads, and the library, but ladies, what was wrong with poor Ace? I didn't see him sing much, but he didn't seem THAT bad.

gkgirl said...

sounds like a great weekend
coming your way!
:)
hope you have lots of
sun
and fun
heehee

great list!