Thursday, March 16, 2006

Off for the Weekend!


Not sure where I got this photo from, but it fits this week. There are daffodils everywhere right now...spring has sprung!! I'm off for a long weekend to Vancouver Island to visit my sister and some family friends. Leaving R behind to work, unfortunately, but he couldn't very well ask for a day off after just starting! I'll get some girlie time and he may get to watch the football (soccer to you North Americans)with an English friend, so it should be good for both of us. It's been awhile since we've done anything apart, but I've been keeping him close in case he had to go home again. Need to work on that now that he's allowed to stay. Hmm, letting go...there it is again.

So I'll do my Grateful Friday now instead:
  • loving that it feels like friday but its only thursday
  • getting a long weekend and having a paid holiday off (haven't had very many before!)
  • my sister coming to get me and take me back to the ferry, letting me stay with her
  • being there for my friend who's just had surgery
  • the sun coming out and the rain going away again
  • three days away from work!!!!!
  • Mandarin Orange Spice tea- yummy
  • Indian Butter Chicken
  • R surviving his first day of work with a smile on his face
  • morning cuddles
  • getting away from the city

Have a good weekend everyone! Love the poems today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend! Ooh, I love Vancouver! :)

I'm glad your friend is OK.

And I love Indian butter chicken too--it's actually TEG's favorite thing to eat in the world.