Friday, March 03, 2006

Grateful Friday...

"Let's be Grateful for those who give us happiness. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom." -Proust

Who am I grateful for?
  • my amazing man
  • my parents
  • my beautiful sisters and brilliant brother
  • my gorgeous sister- in- law and my hilarious nephew and nieces
  • my family all over the place
  • my friends in Vancouver
  • my friends in Canada
  • my friends in England
  • my friends all over the rest of the world
  • my fellow bloggers
  • my favorite writers
  • all the musicians I listen to daily
  • the person who invented the internet
  • my company for keeping me around and paying me
  • my bus drivers for getting me here and around the city
  • my landlords
What am I grateful for today?
  • the orange juice I'm pumping my body with, hoping to beat the cold I feel coming on
  • the sun and the birds waking me up this morning, instead of my alarm!
  • for MSN messenger and being able to "talk" to my mom and other friends everyday
  • for the blogging community and getting to be a part of it
  • for my health
  • for BBC Radio 1 letting me listen to the shows online even after they happen (time change!)
  • that the Oscars will be over this weekend and people can finally stop guessing
  • for the cuddles I got this morning
  • for R's parents, my future in-laws, helping us out
  • for the weekend, sleeping in, and getting to go to R's new company for a BBQ

Check this site out. I'm wishing there was one here in Vancouver! What a brilliant idea. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that 826 Valencia site as well...I actually worked with one of the people who helped found it (back when I worked at Big Publishing House).

I like the idea of having a Gratitude Day. I write down five things I am grateful for everyday and it does make a difference in my outlook.

meghan said...

I loved that llink to that site - sigh - why don't we have those places where I am?! I'd work there!! I liked your lists & I have done your tag!!