Monday, March 13, 2006

Nothing Better Than...



Nothing Better than:
  • R getting his work permit!!!!!!!! (officially good to go now!)
  • knowing he'll be able to work this week!
  • not having to live on one pay check, hand to mouth, anymore
  • driving again
  • the beautiful sunshine we had all weekend
  • seeing more of this beautiful city
  • eating lunch outside on Saturday (March 11th!!) in just a tshirt, celebrating
  • the beaches nearby
  • dreams of having a house on the water one day
  • eating fish and chips watching the sun go down
  • hiking through gorgeous Lighthouse park
  • being close to nature, remembering how much I love it
  • being able to plan ahead, knowing we're actually going to be in one place for awhile!
  • the beautiful sunsets we can see from our flat
  • the smell of my shampoo
  • getting up early and being out all day
  • being able to think about where I want to be, finding a way out of this job finally
  • spring being in the air everywhere- daffodils blooming, buds opening, the smell of life
  • listening to this, watching this
  • making lists of all the things we want to get for our flat and ourselves
  • talking about how we will go about getting married next year...Vegas anyone?!
  • feeling so lucky to have landed on our feet in such a beautiful part of the world
  • how loved I am and how lucky we are

I've had a glorious weekend, so did not want to come back to work today. We got R's work permit at the border on Saturday, so he is finally allowed to work in Canada now!! How relieved are we?! We've been thinking about immigration and how to stay together in one country ever since we've been together, basically, and now we can finally just be. I'm sure it'll take me sometime to adjust my thought patterns, but working very hard to let it all go and just be happy in the moment for a change.

We drove around exploring more of the city and outlying areas- loved having lunch in WhiteRock to celebrate, sitting out on the patio in the sun, with just my shirt on! Saw some lovely little beachside communities and we both hope we can spend more time there. We got to go for a great hike yesterday at Lighthouse Park over in West Vancouver, the land of money and gorgeous houses. It was wonderful to be somewhere quiet and listen to the birds and my breath. Definitely needed that after the stress I put myself under in the past week. The weather was gorgeous, so sunny and warm, spring is coming!

I feel so totally blessed and incredibly lucky for my life and how its unfolding. I love being aware and feeling every single emotion. I'm learning to let go and just be in the moment, hoping I don't start to create something new to worry about. Maybe if I can get creative, it will distract me enough!!

2 comments:

Letha Sandison said...

What a wonderful list and post!!! Congrats on gettting to stay together...how revieved you must be! I also wanted to thank you so much for your offer to pick me up some pg tips!! I was so touched by it, it really made my day. Kindness always touches me. I may take you up on it soon :)

Thank you so much again for the offer and tthe lovely post!

Kathleen said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This is so good!

Love Kathleen