Tuesday, September 19, 2006

On our way...


Morning! Sitting at home, the sun coming through the windows finally after a few days of rain, getting ready to go out for the day with my future in-laws to Capilano Suspension Bridge. It's wonderful to see them, except for the unsettled weather, but being tour guide is a great treat! His mom survived the flight and was quite happy about the experience, which was good considering she is terrified of flying. We're sleeping out in the living room on the air mattress, feels a bit cramped in our one bedroom flat - good thing we're off tomorrow on our adventure!!

We're heading over to Vancouver Island for a week!! Taking the ferry over to Nanaimo, then getting our rental car and heading up to Qualicum Beach (staying here!)for three days. Hoping to do some sea kayaking there and some major beachcombing. Then, we're driving down to Victoria for the weekend to celebrate his dad's birthday. Then, we'll be heading up to Tofino (see the pic above!) for a couple days. I cannot wait to see it all!! We've been over a few times when my sister was living there, but not to all of these places. Tofino is known for its rugged coastline and amazing waves and storm watching! Its the surf capital of Canada, bit like Cornwall I hope. I've been looking forward to going there ever since we moved out here. I'll take tons of photos, don't worry!!!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments about my new job! I am still very excited! I got to go down there to meet with my new boss yesterday and she gave me a tour of the place and introduced me to everyone - it is an amazing space and everyone seems so nice. Mostly women, could be interesting with all the hormones running around there, but there was a good mix of younger and older, so the potential is there to meet some new friends maybe. They all said how wonderful a place it is to work and so many of them have been there for years, so that's a great sign. I think this is going to be such a positive step in my life, I can't even begin to fathom it. I have no idea what I'm going to be do exactly workwise, but who cares! It looks like I'm going to be busy, that's all that matters!!
We'll be back next week - I love being on holiday!!!

7 comments:

jojo said...

damn damn damn (i wanna go) - how great how great how great (i am so excited for you) - well as you already know i love vancouver and vancouver island even MORE! have a blast. i have never been to tofino, cannot wait for all the photos. i really love the ferry ride. we have always sat outside. i love to check out all the islands. have a grand ol time! I am positive you will - hugs!

Paulette Insall ~ Reflecting Colors of the Soul said...

Oh I'm so jealous...I love Victoria! My hubby and I visited there before I got pregnant with our son (he's three now btw, so it's been too long ago) and I've longed to go back ever since. It's such a wonderful and beautiful place!

Hope you have a wonderful time (I'm sure you will...how can you not, it's Victoria after all *sigh*). Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back! :)

Susannah Conway said...

i just caught up with your news!!! YEAH!!!! the universe really has come through for you sweetie - yippee! so pleased for you... have a wonderful holiday with R... big hugs x

Rachel said...

Tofino looks fantastic. I am jealous of you right now.Sounds like an action packed adventure for you all. I hope you have a fab time, take lots of pics so we can see where you have been. What are we going to do without you for the week?

Madeleine said...

it looks great, M. have a fantastic time. i can hear the excitement in your voice all the way over here in rainy England.
oh an yes, you will LOVE Cornwall...so you'd better come and see for yourself. it's my favourite place in England, so far.


lots of love,
come back soon.
xxxx

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am so excited for you i could just sing. love these wondrous news about your new job!!! yes! yes! yes!
you manifested this my dear.

and i hope you are having an amazing holiday!

Laini Taylor said...

Oh, have a wonderful time! I really really want to go to those places! Tried to plan a trip to Tofino this summer but it didn't work out. Maybe next year. Can't wait to see your photos and get inspired.