Friday, September 08, 2006

Grateful Friday!!

late imperfect afternoon by strawberry fields on flickr

I haven't posted very much this week for some unknown reason. Just been spending a bit too much time inside my own head, I think. I definitely need a holiday...luckily I will get one in a week's time!! Work has been doing my head in, I've felt disconnected from everything, but especially my blog world. Boredom tends to suck any creative energy out of me, so tv was my distraction most nights this week. I spend so much time thinking about what I can do with my life (a regular obsession for me), and always come up with a different answer. I was talking to my little sis last night - she just started doing her Education degree and is loving it. She said I need to stop fighting the inevitable and go get my Education degree. The inevitable being that our family are teachers. My dad, my mom, my brother, and now my sister are all teachers. She may have a point there, but all I think about is wanting to have babies and the student loan I'm already strapped with. But I told her I'd investigate it and see how viable it is. Just one more possibility to add to my list. It would be nice to know what is the right answer, which is the right direction. Oh well, this too shall pass. How's your week been?
This week, I'm grateful for:
  • the beautiful sunshine that just seems to continue
  • fall closing in slowly
  • R being back on days
  • my friend Kathleen being back online
  • my little sis enjoying her new path
  • my dad started his 40th year of teaching at the same school
  • getting through another week of work (helped that it was only 4 days!)
  • our holiday getting ever closer
  • having a good day at work today - mainly because the accountant was there and she's always fun, our bosses actually took us out for lunch, and we had birthday cake and wine at 3:30, so the day ended early! if it was like that everyday, I'd be very happy!
  • meeting up with someone from Arts Umbrella (where I had applied for that job) and setting up some volunteering for an event they have coming up
  • her telling me that several people said they were excited that she was meeting with me
  • my yoga class and my friend coming with me
  • our lovely long weekend
  • lovely emails from my wonderful friends all over the world
  • my new sunglasses!
  • US Open Tennis
  • having no plans this weekend
  • giant nectarines
  • this wonderful blogging community

I feel with the change of the season, I need a new banner on here...anyone know how to do that? Denise did such a beautiful job with this one, but I don't know how to make a picture to put up there. I can get it on the page, just not sure how to start. Would be grateful for any suggestions!

4 comments:

meghan said...

I feel like we are all not posting off and on for whatever reason... be gentle, enjoy your break, looking forward to reading all about it!

P.S. I went for my education degree. I lasted one year teaching - but my brother loves it - just thought I'd let you know that xo

Madeleine said...

have a lovely weekend, sweetness.

I have my blog-bitch Susannah who did my banner for me.
I get some tips and pass them on for you.

speak soon.
xxxx

pinkcoyote said...

mmmm. birthday cake and wine...vegging out has its place, don't you think? wishing you a clear path-p.

kelly rae said...

sometimes our lives have so much possiblity that it's hard to choose a direction. though i am thankful for the freedom to do whatever my heart desires, sometimes the shear volume of options can be overwhelming, can't it?

i always enjoy your grateful listings..