Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I am in love...



I've found a new creative outlet and I am so in love! (Yes I did these, I still can't believe it myself) I love the feel of the paint, mixing the colours and coming up with anything I want. I love watching how it all plays itself out, having no judgments. The inner critic has yet to show up, which is such a treat. I want to go out and buy hundreds of canvases and just try everything and anything. I love how it got me out of my head for awhile. I love how it helped me forget my shitty day and my even shittier job and let me just create. These are going up in our bedroom. I now know what you have all been going on about! I want to do some mixed media pieces next - mix words with colour and texture and different objects. I think I need to learn more about it all - know any good books or websites I can check out? What are your favorite ways to paint - tools, paints, extras?

I was a bit scared about putting these on here, but wanted to share my excitement with everyone! I am so grateful for all of you and how supportive you are, especially after my post yesterday. I wasn't going to post that either, but thought what the hell. And now I feel so much better. For being brave, for purging it all from my head for awhile. And your comments meant the world to me. Like hugs through the computer screen.

How do you love to create? What gets your juices flowing?!!

7 comments:

Jennifer S. said...

These are gorgeous, like the ocean and a sunset sky. I love them! Create? I need to just do it. I had an idea yesterday. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a try and have something lovely to post...

Maggie May said...

OMG M!--these are INCREDIBLE. they are just what i decorated my room in england with (only those were cheap posters). i didn't know you could paint. i'm blown away--AMAZING!!! xoxox

Susannah Conway said...

wow wow wow! these are fantastic - oooh, i want to do some now! the colours are so delicious... right that's it, i'm off to buy some paint. wouldn't have a clue where to start though.. you're so clever baby - proud of you :-) x

jojo said...

Hi M ~ i've been scarce on blogs today... but had to respond. these are so beautiful! I just love the synergy. they are really really great! kudos to you! i am still waiting for my canvases. i have it all planned out (as i am a freak that way) but this week, i rec'd 2 new (work) projects so i am under the gun at the moment with work stuff. but could use the money so i wont complain. congrats on the new addition to your bedroom ~ i am sure they will look fab!

Madeleine said...

painting is so theraputic isn't it? I love these M and can't wait to see where you creative juices take you to next.
i bet these will look absolutely fantastic on your walls....
keep going with it, honey.
xxx

Paulette Insall ~ Reflecting Colors of the Soul said...

M, these are wonderful! I'm just dipping my toe into mixed media myself, so I'm right there with you. Got all my paints and stuff out, but haven't put paint to canvas yet...although I have been doing a bunch of drawings of women's faces trying to figure out what I want to incorportate into my painting once I finally get myself started. Guess I'm laying the groundwork at this point...hopefully soon I'll work up the courage to actually dip my brush into my paint.

I found this wonderful site with bunches of tutorials...there's some really cool ones for background textures.

http://karenswhimsy.com/play/

Have fun playing and be sure to post pics of any of your new creations! :)

boho girl said...

these are GORGEOUS.