Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekly Wonderments


the Inukshuk

Mixing things up a bit this week. Grateful friday needed a change-new time of year, new approach. A chance to look around me at not only what I'm grateful for, but what leaves me in wonder, moments to remember.
Last friday night was a chance to catch up with our good friends, and we filled the night with lots of laughter and stories as Spanish and English mingled around yummy food and sangria. The weekend had me working Saturday night at an art auction, which meant shopping for a something to wear, and we hit the Noodle Box for the first time - so so good. A wet grey Sunday meant a lazy morning in bed, more comfort food, and cuddles on the couch.
Monday came up quickly, back to work and reality. Yoga was much needed and much enjoyed, as was coming home to dinner waiting for me. I managed to get there twice this week, which made my body quite happy. The week was full of learning and lunch with friends and co-workers, while being surrounded by such beautiful fall colours. The air has changed, its so fresh and crisp now, I love getting to bundle up again.
The week flew by and Friday night meant a stagette for a friend who's getting married next month. We had a great dinner and finished the evening with a pole dancing class, which was brilliant!! I want a pole in my house now! Lots of laughter and glasses of vino, great women bonding time.
R and I spent yesterday outside walking around enjoying the sunshine, having lunch together, soaking it up. We're off for a hike today with hopefully a hot chocolate at the end. I am going to take some photos of the beautiful trees and enjoy the fresh air.
(Wow that was hard to write, change isn't easy! It might help me pay more attention this week, though!)
What has left you in wonder this week?

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

What an absolutely delicious post (literally!). I love cuddling; curling up on weekends is the absolute best thing in the world. I love how you and R do so many diverse and wonderful things together. And, as usual, I love you! xoxo

Natalie said...

Oh M, you're always in wonder and i love reading your posts, thanks. You make life sound so wonderful and colourful.

Susannah Conway said...

your admission of pole dancing is leaving me full of wonder - you go girl!!! you gotta post some pictures :-) big hugs to you xox