Friday, October 13, 2006

Grateful Friday!!

from flickr
This photo was too cute, I couldn't resist!! I'm feeling a bit tired myself. I had my first big function at work last night and even though it was an early one and I was working not drinking, I was still a bit fuzzy around the edges today. It was only the preview party as well - the art auction is on Saturday night. I am carrying art on and off the stage for the actual live auction, so a bit nervous about that. Except that it means I don' t have to get a dress! I will be all in black and that I can manage quite easily. It's so nice to be around people - I'd forgotten how good that feels. How much energy I get from it.
This week I'm grateful for:
  • my R - came home last night to dinner waiting for me and he was taping Grey's Anatomy (which I had completely forgotten!) how sweet is he?!!
  • my job
  • the amazing weather continuing
  • my new jeans (first pair I've bought in over 5 years!)
  • getting mail today
  • my sister being ok, her husband's away in Taiwan for 2 months
  • pumpkin loaf from Starbucks
  • finding good organic coffee on Granville island that isn't Starbucks!
  • the fall colours
  • the Pumpkin regatta this weekend back at home (my parents live across the street from the Pumpkin King, Howie Dill...a story to share later!!)
  • the weekend being here
  • going out tonight with our friends we haven't seen in weeks
  • good emails from friends
  • not living in Buffalo or Southern Ontario (it snowed 60 cms!!)
  • Madeleine Peyroux's new album, Half the Perfect World
  • new music on my iPod
  • comfortable shoes
  • cold nights
  • the sound of children's laughter
  • R's parents getting home safely and saying how much fun they had with us
  • being invited to my brother's for Christmas this year - so hope we can go!
  • new art supplies
  • getting to see some amazing art work at the auction
  • I'm not in special events - they work so hard!!!!
    What are you grateful for?!

No comments: