Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Adjusting and finding balance


I'm in a transitional phase. Things are good, very good in fact, but adjustments are being made on every level of my being. I feel so comfortable at work that I forget about the enormous learning curve I'm on. Being busy is new for me - something I've never had to really deal with in my work life. I am loving it, don't get me wrong, but I have a lot to learn about balance and keeping myself separate from what I don't need to worry about. I'm still testing the waters and forget I'm only in week three - wow. My job is continually being re-defined and will probably always be that way- organic is good. I want to believe in my own abilities, to trust I can do this, to allow room for being human and making mistakes. I hope I can find a balance between my work life and taking good care of myself. Caring about my work, but not becoming consumed by it. I have always heard other people talk about work taking over their lives, about losing control, about not having enough time to do the things they enjoy, but I thought I'd never be like that. Now, having a new perspective shows me how easy that could happen to anyone. But I would like to remember to make time to create, to go to yoga class, to have a bath, to spend with my R, to make friends, on and on. Anything's possible if you find the right balance...right? All of this is new to me and I'll figure it out. Being busy is such a gift - believe me, I know that! But, I am adjusting.
How do you find balance? What keeps you in tune with your own needs?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

finding that blalnce is the key,holding it is more difficult. What you want, when you want it has always worked for me but not for everyone. Just go with the flow honey. Glad the job is everything the last job wasn't.

Colorsonmymind said...

Finding balance has been a top goal of mine for a while now.

I think gaining a realistic view of the time I have, and then spending time looking at what is imortant and prioritizing have helped some. I am still working on it though.

Also noticing that some things go in cycles and to honor that as well.

I am glad you are enjoying the job. It sounds exciting-and I am sure that balance will come from your awareness of wanting it.

kerry said...

i'm right next to you on your quest for balance and what that looks like. i wish you the best as you adjust and take this into consideration.