Friday, November 03, 2006

Invisible Blogger


Yes, it's me, I am alive! For some reason, blogging has been put at the bottom of my to do list lately. Life is great and I am busier than I can remember, so this medium isn't as vital to me anymore. I am still reading everyone else's posts, but just don't have the time to do my own. Work is amazing, I'm loving everything about it!! The people are wonderful and being busy is so much better for me. It's incredible how different my whole life feels now that I'm content in my work life. Amazing difference. I feel more confident, more capable, more settled, more in touch with the world around me. But I also feel tired from using my brain, from actually working 8 hours a day. When I get home, I'd much rather cuddle or curl up on the couch or read a book or cook something comforting than sit back down at the computer. I now know why I never got many emails from my friends- working takes a lot out of you and when you are at a computer all day, you don't want to be at it all night! In my old job, I had nothing else to do all day, so blogging was my savior. And I am so grateful for finding all the wonderful women I have through this arena, but I think I need to do this differently now. Step back from it and see what I want it to be for me, what I hope to get out of it and put into it. My grateful lists and sharing photos and stories are my favorite parts, so that will continue - just more sporadically I think. I'm tired of feeling like I have to keep up - I'm going to do it my way.

Phew, don't know where that came from! I celebrated my 4th anniversary with my R this week - he surprised me with a huge bouquet of flowers at work. They are gorgeous. I am so lucky. I love him more everyday. It feels like it's gone by so fast but also like we've known each other so much longer than that. Our office was re-organized this week, all new desks and a new configuration, which has made the space much more pleasant, but was quite unsettling. Change is good though. Winter is coming and I'm ready for it this year. I want to make soups and comfort food and cuddle under the duvet. We're planning on going cross country skiing this year, a way to escape the rain and to get some more exercise into our life. The snow is a little while away, but having something to look forward to in the winter is a treat! What are you going to be doing this winter?

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

miss you but totally understand/relate to what you're saying. the other day, before you commented on my blog, i was about to email you; funny how we are connected! much love xoxoxo

Letha Sandison said...

I am so glad that life is going well for you M!! I am thrillled that you are loving your job, makes alll the difference!

You can make up your own blogging rules, use it how it works for you and that may grown and change depending on where you are in life. I am doing the same. There are times I can not post when I want to or I need to step away etc.

Here if you need us dear!

Natalie said...

You do it as you want to do it is all i can say. I love reading your weekly wonderments and i will keep doing that. I'm so glad that work is so much better for you. Nothing worse than being in a job you're unhappy in, it's amazing how life changing a job can be. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the blogging thing.I'm sorry I've been crap in mailing, will try harder more often
x