Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year 2007!!

by snorkeldaddy on Flickr
Another year winding down, another about to kick off - how does time fly by so bloody fast?! This year has absolutely flown by, full of many amazing moments and moments of pondering and learning, too. Time to do some yearly reflections - thinking about what I've accomplished this year and who I've become, about who I want to become before our next new year's eve. 2007 is already fully booked with family visits and a trip to England in December - it's a bit daunting really! Maybe we'll get married or pregnant in there as well. All in the works so watch this space!
Swirly Girl suggested choosing a theme for the year . 2006 was my year of Creativity - I definitely opened my mind up to a new way of thinking and am loving that my creative side is awake again. I can't wait to see what I come up with this year. I can't decide what theme I'd like for 2007 - I'm thinking of it being My Body, being more loving and accepting of it while also taking much better care of it, getting it ready for babies - but for some reason that feels like a selfish theme. Or another way to beat myself up or get negative - but I guess that would be what I was working on, right? What's your theme for 2007 going to be?
A few of my favorite things from this past year have been:
Getting Engaged!!!
R getting his work permit
Pride and Prejudice (I discovered it this year)
Nacho Libre ("Nachooooooo!")
The Birth House, Ami McKay
books by Isabella Dusi
snowshoeing
going up to the mountains
summer in Vancouver
working on Granville Island
our time with R's parents
seeing my family's faces on the webcam (first time in a year and a half!!)
my new bike!
painting
rediscovering knitting
laughs with our Argentinian friends
I could go on and on, but dinner is calling. R is making homemade lamb korma and it smells divine. I got him a curry cookbook for Christmas, so he's trying it out. Even using a pestle and mortar! Yummy!!!
I hope 2007 brings us R's Permanent Residency, new levels in our own relationship (wedding and baby planning), more fun and experiences at my wonderful job, and lots of time with our family and friends. Happiness and health and laughter galore. And the same for all of you!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh i loved 'my sister's keeper' -- i cried like a baby...i haven't gotten into gray's anatomy but i'm planning on renting them from netflix soon...give all the hype, how can i go wrong?! happy new year!

Susannah Conway said...

Happy New Year gorgeous!! Does this mean i might get to finally meet you and R in december? let's make it happen! xox

meghan said...

That is funny - I just posted about my own theme for the year! Good minds eh? I hope that this year brings even more joy and love and creativity!!

Coming to England eh??! Hmmm..... ;)

liz elayne lamoreux said...

happy new year! i hope your new year is full of wondrous gifts and happy moments and lessons and love!

love the idea of a theme for the year...i will keep thinking about this one...

Jennifer S. said...

I love the theme idea! I got snowshoes for Christmas and I'm loving them. So fun, can't wait to do more.

Rachel said...

What a fantastic list of the last year angel. Bet you are smiling as you write it. Sorry for being ellusive, couldn't get all my ducks in a row and had to admit defeat on keeping in touch with everyone, thought of you both often and loved the card you sent. Happy new year to you and R, may this year realise all your plans and hopes, and keep that fantastic smile going.x