Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Loving the box again


I am giddy over TV. This hasn't happened for years, but there are actually a couple shows on right now that I cannot wait to watch each week! Tonight, it's Friday Night Lights - I LOVE this show. I feel like a teenager again when I watch it, but it is so much better than the old BH 90210 type shows I watched then. It is a show that I think is well done, in the acting, the story lines, the way its shot - it's original and totally addictive! If you haven't seen it yet, it's on NBC and is about a small town highschool football team. The whole town is completely obsessed with football and the lives of their team. We get to see what happens with the coach and his family and with certain team members. The first episode, the star quarterback ended up paralyzed, I almost gave up there, but it has completely reeled me in. I even get excited when I remember its on while I'm sitting at work! What is going on!!?
I am also enjoying Heroes, another NBC newbie. It too was one I wouldn't have bothered with, but once I did, totally hooked. Of course there's Grey's Anatomy as well, something I got into over the summer and still am a big fan. I totally zone out when these shows are on, Rich can be talking to me and I honestly don't hear him. I'm so becoming my mother! We even got a bigger tv just so we can enjoy it more - I can even see properly now with my glasses on!
I am not a reality tv fan, never have been, so I'm very happy to see new shows popping up that are brilliant to watch. That are interesting, that help me detach from my own reality, but that also make me think.
I've heard that Ugly Betty, Men in Trees, and Sisters and Brothers are good shows as well, so I may have to check them out too. CSI is always a goodie, but we're not staying up that late these days. I think because its the winter, I love cuddling up on the couch after a busy day, being entertained, and ignoring the rain, dark, and cold that's going on outside.
What do you like to watch? Or what's your favorite distraction from winter?

5 comments:

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i haven't seen either of these shows but i do love kyle chandler (the coach on FNL). years ago i used to watch him on a show called homefront. i developed a crush then and it's never gone away...

of course i love grey's and i do love ugly betty. it's such a cute show...and salma hayek appears on it regularly...yummy... i'm also REALLY into the nine but rumors are it's going to get canceled...
:(

Karen Travels said...

I am new to this whole bloggin community, and I am becoming quite addicted to a number of blogs, yours included!!

I am also addicted to Grey's, Bones, and most of all: HEROES!! LOVE Hiro...and strangley...Nathan Perchelli (sp?).

Rose of Sharon said...

I have to admit that I love TV too! In fact, have you noticed how scripted TV shows are making a comeback? I'm actually watching more scripted TV than reality TV for the first time in a few years. It is actually refreshing!!

My favorite shows are: Heroes, Grey's Anatomy, ER and Medium...just to name a few.

I am totally hooked on Heroes and I can't wait for the new year to begin so we catch up with the new episodes!!

I happened to surf in via la vie en rose's site.

Laini Taylor said...

I've seen Friday Night Lights a few times and it was really engaging -- I could see watching it more. I've tried to avoid knowing when shows are on, so I don't get tempted to watch too many! Love Heroes, The Office, Battlestar Galactica, and The Wire. Hm, I think that's it. Oh, and America's Next Top Model, appalling as it is, I never miss it! Oh, and Veronica Mars is fun, too.

Jana B said...

HEROES is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!! I also am obsessed with NCIS, CSI, and Battlestar Galactica... but Heroes is my favorite! I can't wait until January!!!!! Have you looked at the graphic novels on their website?!

(BTW, now that I've rambled all over your blog... HI I'm Jana!!! I bloghopped her and wanted to umm... say hi.)