Sunday, January 07, 2007

List of Loving

by komal soin from flickr
I was going to write a post about getting fit and eating better and staying motivated, but can't really be bothered to go there today - might not be a good sign! Instead, I decided to make a list of some of the things I'm loving these days, from books to music to food. A way to see the positives in my life, not focus on the things that make me negative.
I just finished The Birth House, by Ami McKay - fabulous! About midwives in a small community near where I grew up in Nova Scotia during the first World War. Just so addictive and such wonderful characters. Go read it!
Also reading Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour, combining my love of travel with my love of food - another great Christmas gift!
I'm reconnecting with my iPod with tunes from Razorlight, Kasabian, Oasis, Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Madeleine Peyroux, Gilles Peterson's Brazil and many more. (Yes, I see the English theme there, too!) Looking forward to the new Norah Jones as well.
I'm loving spending time in the kitchen, trying new things, working with different spices and tastes, seeing what I can come up with. My goal is to try a new meal at least every two weeks - from all our cookbooks and sources this should be pretty easy!
I'm really into not drinking coffee, even though I've been on decaf for years. I am loving trying different types of tea instead, finding ones that are healthy and uplifting through their flavours instead of sugar.
I'm loving spending time with R, as always. Even sitting and watching the NFL playoffs - I know, that surprises me too!
I'm loving the webcam revolution my family has started. I get to see their faces every week now, it's such a treat. And our friends from all over the world as well, it's wonderful. It helps us to feel closer in our little corner of the world.
I'm loving spending time with my friends at work. We've been talking about babies and food and plans to have game nights and group snowshoeing excursions.
I'm loving that I love my job.
I'm loving that the sun is staying up later and coming up earlier - even if we don't see it behind the clouds, I know it's happening!
And I am loving lazy Sundays when I get to finish up some loose ends around the house, take care of my snuffling R and give myself a food spa.
Life is good. (knock on wood.)

5 comments:

thea said...

I am loving all this loving.

Wish I could share that glass of wine with you.

Leah said...

what a lovely list!

i just came upon your blog and saw we have some things in common. we're the same age, both got engaged last year, are pursuing our dreams, and have creative in our blog titles. :-)

Rachel said...

Hey baby, how are you? You are really truly happy that it blows my mind. Love your list of loving stuff, am with you on the music, have just discovered Lifehouse and Longview, am addicted. Loved Madeleine Peyroux but spent the first 4 months at the bar listening to it as no one else had an iPod, starting to go off it, check out the bands, so gorgeous, men singing about emotional stuff, quite a revelation. Oh and I tagged you! x

Susannah Conway said...

life sounds good, sweetheart... and have you tried earl grey rooibos tea? i think you'd love it :-) xxoo

Letha Sandison said...

This is a fantastic list! You do these SO well, you always inspire me to think of all the things great and small that make life worth living.