Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Where I'd rather be in Italy...

...staying in a villa near a vineyard, soaking up the sun and the beauty, escaping.

Ok, I'm officially signing on now- time to stop being afraid to be a blogger and just go for it!
After spending all my time reading so many wonderful blogs from all the brilliant women out there following their dreams and making beautiful creations (in art and life), I have decided to join in. I've been writing a journal since I was in highschool, but have been trying to find a new way to express myself and I love words- blogging seems like a great solution. I was worried about not having anything write about, or that the words I put out there would be ridiculed or lost somewhere, but I'm over that now. Life is full of endless inspirations and ideas and dreams to ponder and believe me, I've got the time.

Brief description of who I am these days: Almost 30 year old, living in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia with my wonderful (new!!) English fiancee, trying to create a settled life for ourselves after traveling for the past few years around the world. I'm working in a dead end position as a receptionist for an architectural firm, continuing my constant search for a meaningful career and joy in my working life- something I've been doing since I graduated from university 8 years ago(wondering why I'm still looking!). Waiting for His work visa to come through ( an experience you cannot fully understand until you're right in the middle of the uncertainty and confusion and fear of him having to go back home!!), counting the days till we're both working, living on two pay checks instead of one, and daydreaming about our future life together. I love reading (books and blogs), writing, yoga, cooking, traveling, people, music (an eclectic mix), and many more things I'm sure I'll share through this new expressive outlet.

Reading blogs while I'm at work has helped me to open my very dormant creative mind and I love hearing how others are living their lives, trying to create and live fully- its inspiring and keeps me going through the too long monotonous days at my desk. If I can be but a small part of this amazing community, it will be gift enough. I'm going to try not to complain too much about my boring work and find new ways to look at life and how to find a job I enjoy, one that fills me with joy and purpose and allows me to create and have fun. Is that too much to ask for?? I hope this blog will give me some help in learning to live in the moment more and organize my wandering mind into more creative channels- no more dwelling in negativity and fear!

I'll stop now, before I run out of things to say on my first real entry. Off to watch my first Vancouver Giants game tonight- taking my English fiancee and Australian friend to their first hockey game ever...imagine that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm working in a dead end position as a receptionist for an architectural firm, continuing my constant search for a meaningful career and joy in my working life- something I've been doing since I graduated from university 8 years ago(wondering why I'm still looking!)."

A few years ago...this was me (it still would be if I weren't currently staying at home with my daughter at the moment). But the quest remains the same.

Welcome! We new bloggers need to stick together. :)