Friday, February 24, 2006

Grateful Friday


  • Here's a photo taken by my new Australian friend, Shannon, of the amazing place we live in. We had a long walk on the coast last weekend, from beautiful Wreck beach around to Jericho beach, with these amazing views. How can anyone live anywhere else?? Wreck beach is clothing optional, but we figured we'd be safe in the winter- we guessed wrong. There were several crazy men walking around in the buff in the chilly sunshine- one was even in the water! I did notice that there weren't any women being so silly...hmmm.
One of my favorite blog inspirations is "Grateful Friday"- I have no idea who to credit for this, but I see all sorts of bloggers doing it and love the idea! Here goes, what I'm grateful for today...
  • for the amazing sunshine we're getting again
  • for my friend Anitra coming all the way across to country to see us (and to ski!)
  • for my new "beyonce" (aka fiancee) and all he gives me everyday
  • for having something to do at work this morning and for getting off early to go play!
  • for this brilliant city we live in, I'm in awe often
  • for my friend Kathleen sending me support from so far away
  • for all the wishes and excitement we received from our friends and family about our engagement - I feel so loved!!
  • Chai Lattes- umm, yummy!
  • a weekend coming full of sightseeing and driving around in our rental car

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

beautiful photo...love the list! i am down here near seattle and am also in awe of this part of the world (we have only lived here 1 1/2 years).
sounds like you have had a great time with your friend!

meghan said...

Hi there -

Just found out that you finally started blogging for real - well done! Believe me, you WILL NOT regret it. It's the best thing I've done for ages. Looking forward to reading more. (And congratulations on the engagement - maybe we can swop tips about being with an englishman/ getting them into the country!)