Monday, April 23, 2007

Reflections of...

Reflection from flickr
I love living in this city. The Canucks are playing in game 7, first round of the playoffs and they just scored in the 3rd period to go up 2-1 - you could hear people all around us shouting with joy! It's brilliant! Of course, if they were playing badly, everyone would be dissing them together too.
I was going to write about how crazy life has been lately, especially at work, and how I'm working hard to remember what's really important and not dwelling in the chaos too much, how I'm feeling overwhelmed and pulled in too many directions all at once, but I don't really feel like doing that now. I'm so grateful for my life, no matter how insane I might feel these days. I have a great job in a wonderful organization, surrounded by some brilliant and fun people. I'm learning a lot and there's even a possible promotion on the table -I haven't felt like I was in such a "right" place for a long time. It feels good.
The best news of late is my R getting his residency!!!!!!!! How excited are we?!! It only took 6 months for this part, but it all started over a year and a half ago. I can finally breath now. It's hard to believe how much of my thinking space that whole process and everything connected to it took up! He can stay in Canada forever now, so we are finally able to start planning and even executing future plans - what a concept!
We bought bikes too, so we're loving having wheels and riding around the city. It's so nice to come home after work on a nice sunny day and go for a ride along the seawall. And if riding to work on that doesn't get me in shape, I don't know what will!!
It's good for me to remember that work isn't the be all and end all, even if I like being there. That I am allowed to make mistakes and feel overwhelmed. And that life is happening all the time, and I don't want to miss a thing.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Such great news about R's residency. And the plans you can make now.......well woo hoo girl. Glad you are loving life. long may it last and roll on Dec 07

Maggie May said...

Oh M, I am SO, SO, SO happy for you! Hoorah! Someday I'm going to have to come visit you and experience that wonderful city...I have a feeling I'd fall in love...xoxoxo

Unknown said...

huge congratulations for R's permanent residence!! Having gone it myself I know how you both must feel!!! It's the best!!
Good to hear that your job is still going very well!! Awesome!

Shame about last night's game :-( the canuck's will really have to work tomorrow night.
I like the blue background of your blog, so fresh!

~Tine
http://tinesparkles.squarespace.com

Maggie May said...

M, i miss you!

meghan said...

Hey - where are you?!???! Lovin' that Canadian resident Englishman??

Anonymous said...

congrats to R!!! and congrats to YOU on the possible promotion, the bike, and the fact that life is treating you well...glad to hear it!!!

ren powell said...

I am so glad to have stopped by here. Your optimism is contagious.

Rachel said...

Hey honey, are you still ok? Mailed you recently but not sure I have right address.
Rach

daringtowrite said...

Hello M ~ It's been a while since you've written here so I don't know if you are still around and getting notification of your email comments... but just in case you are. Do you remember the journals that Michelle of la vie en rose started? I wonder if you ever received the black one which was scheduled to come to you some time after March 8, 2007 from Kathleen Lingley in Antigonish, Nova Scotia?

Please write me at won@shaw.ca. Thanks!